What’s better than slicing, dicing and carving up stylised monsters with weapons made from the armour and carapaces of their fallen brethren? Well, standing back and tossing elementally charged payloads to blow them apart. It actually may not be better but its on the same level of awesomeness.
Grenades are going to be a consumable item that share the same inventory space as your tonics. Use is incredibly intuitive as you simply need to select the desired grenade which will generate your targeting arc, aim at your desired foe and throw it.
With five different types of grenades to choose from Behemoth encounters in Dauntless have opened up, option-wise, just a little bit.
- Coldsnap Grenade: Fragments into several smaller icicles which then explode, dealing frost aether damage. Can cover a decent area.
- Transfusion Grenade: A vampiric explosive that when tossed at a Behemoth steals health and transforms it into a set of homing healing orbs.
- Barrage Grenade: A standard take on the cluster grenade, which explodes dealing damage and initiating a set of secondary explosives to deal even more damage.
- Concussion Grenade: Much like with humans getting hit with a Concussion knocks you out of commission for a little while. If timed right, can interrupt a Behemoth’s attack and create an opening for counter-attacks.
- Inferno Grenade: Creates a blanket of fire that deals damage when stepped in.
Grenades will be added into Dauntless on August 8th with Phoenix Labs planning to add more variations in the future.